It’s important to know what you’re getting when you book a photographer so to make this as transparent as possible I am stating my main terms and conditions here. I think it’s pretty much what you’d expect, but please read and understand the points below before continuing with your booking, as it will be accepted on this basis.
What you need to know.
- I require payment in full within 30 days of completion of any work. In some instances a 10% deposit will be requested at the time of booking.
- I aim to deliver images from a shoot electronically within three days of completion. However there may – on rare occasions – be a short delay to delivery in some unusual circumstances.
- The dates, times and locations of photo shoots are to be agreed in writing in advance. These may be changed by mutual agreement before the shoot. If a change is requested by you with less than 24 hours notice then 10% of the agreed fee may be charged to you and the shoot may also be cancelled. If additional shooting time is requested from me on the day I will try to accommodate you but cannot always do so, and any extra time will be charged to you at my usual hourly rate in addition to the agreed fee.
- I will make every effort to provide satisfactory coverage, but cannot make any guarantees as to specific photos, poses, etc. I provide a selection of images from each photo shoot, not a copy of every image shot.
- I do not provide digital negatives (RAWs) but will perform limited colour correction and retouching prior to delivering a digital copy of the images. You may request additional physical copies of images and footage within 7 days of a shoot, but I do not maintain archives of images and footage for clients after delivering requested images to you. It is your sole responsibility to request any desired prints, products, or files within 7 days of the photo shoot.
- In the unlikely event I should be unable to carry out the agreed work (the shoot itself, retouching, or delivery of images) for any reason, I shall refund any fees you have already paid to me, minus applicable expenses, and shall have no further liability. This limitation of liability also applies to any loss or damage to footage, photographs or other materials after the event. The sole remedy for any actions or claims resulting from my inability to deliver the goods and services you requested shall be limited to a refund of monies paid by you to me.
- I reserve the right to use all images and footage without restriction for advertising, portfolios, and other lawful purposes. You waive the right to inspect any images produced using the images or footage from the shoot, and the right to restrict my use of the images or footage.
- All photographs and footage are and shall remain my sole intellectual property.
- It is your responsibility to securely retain any model releases and other data necessary for your future use of the images. Your must not manipulate the images or use them for any illegal or misleading purpose, or purposes that would reasonably be deemed outside of those for which they were originally shot.